doxo Privacy and Security PolicyVersion 1.10 Effective date: February 15, 2019 doxo is designed for doxo users to pay their bills, organize Provider accounts; manage personal account information, reminders, and documents; and establish connections with Providers to receive documents paperlessly, all in one place. doxo is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any and all personal information about doxo users. This Privacy and Security Policy (the “Policy”) explains how doxo protects information provided through our websites www.doxo.com, secure.doxo.com, pay.doxo.com, and user.doxo.com and applications accessing those websites (the “Site”) and how doxo uses that information in connection with the doxo service offered through the Site (the “Service”). “Private Information” for purposes of this Policy means information provided to us that identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, any account information or other information you store about your relationship with your Providers, and any documents and accompanying information that are stored on your behalf by doxo. doxo privacy standards are designed to guard against identity theft, to protect sensitive data, and provide security for your Private Information. doxo regularly re-evaluates privacy and security policies and adapts them as necessary to deal with new challenges. Capitalized terms used by not defined in this Policy will have the meanings defined in the doxo User Terms of Service.
1. Your Private Information is not for saleSimply put, doxo will not sell or rent your Private Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time. doxo uses and discloses your Private Information only as follows:
- to deliver and post your payments to Providers;
- to analyze Site usage and improve the Service;
- to deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Service;
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- to third-party contractors that provide services to doxo and are bound by privacy restrictions at least as protective as this Policy (e.g. auditors, technical consultants);
- to enforce the doxo User Terms of Service; and
- as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
2. What information doxo collects and stores for youCertain areas and features of the Site are available to you without registration or the need to provide doxo any information. However, other features of the Site or the Service require registration, which may involve provision to doxo of an email address, a password and your zip code (collectively the “Registration Information”). In order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, if you choose to establish a “connection” with a Provider on doxo (“Connect” or “Connection”) and/or if you choose to make a payment on doxo, you also may be required to provide your account credentials for those Providers (“Account Credentials”). When you submit Account Credentials for a Provider within the Service, you elect to share certain information from your doxo user profile with that Provider or other information (“Account Information”), and any Account Information or documents you exchange with that Provider will be accessible to that Provider. doxo may make anonymous or aggregate Private Information and use and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- improve the design, functionality and content of the Service;
- to enable Providers to improve their use of the Service and to benefit their customers through the Service;
- to provide reports and analysis that may benefit doxo users or Providers; or
- to develop products and services that might interest doxo users and Providers.
3. Changes to the information doxo collectsIf your Registration Information or any other information stored in doxo changes, you may update it any time by logging into the Service and editing the information online via your account.
6. Disclosure of information when required by lawNotwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, doxo reserves the right (and you hereby authorize doxo) to share and disclose your Private Information when doxo determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To enforce doxo’s rights against you or in connection with a breach by you of this Policy or the doxo User Terms of Service;
- To prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, court order, warrant, subpoena or other legal process.