Today, I’m writing to let you know about a lovely update to our doxo Desktop application. If you already have the application, you should be prompted to update it the next time you launch it. If you’ve never used it and want to give it a whirl, visit our doxo Desktop application download page.
At it’s simplest level, doxo Desktop is two things:
- A drag-and-drop bulk document uploader – the fastest way to add batches of up to 25 documents to your doxo digital file cabinet at a time
- A backup application – ensures that all the documents you’ve added to doxo, also get backed up to a folder on your own computer
The update we’ve posted today improves on both features, while also resolving some defects.
Improvements in the latest version:
- Better session handling – the application will remain open indefinitely if you choose “remember me.” Keep the app open all the time and drag files to upload into it without having to sign back in. If you have chosen not to have the application remember you, it will automatically sign you out at the end of your session.
- More intelligent backup file naming – Files that get backed up using doxoBackup now have the upload date pre-pended to the file name and utilize the subject field from doxo rather than the root filename. Your files are now automatically organized by your file system whether on Windows or Mac.
- Duplicate folder creation – if you have multiple accounts with the same service Provider on doxo, we used to back up all those files to a single folder. Now, we recognize each unique account or folder on doxo as a separate folder within backup.
Note: If you have issues installing our application, please visit the Adobe AIR install page to get the most recent version of the Adobe AIR framework for your machine.